Sep 13, 2011

Kids These Days - Summerscent





Usually kids say the darndest things but these kids speak from a different bass drum, high hat, guitar string, trumpet valve, freestyle and vocal tone. As quoted on their Facebook page "Kids These Days comes from Chicago but their music comes from everywhere. With three horns, a rapper, a blues-rock trio and a female singer, KTD blends a wide range of influences -- hip-hop, jazz, soul."

This was my first time watching this video courtesy of my friend mel and I was definitely impressed. I wish I was co-signing on these guys before the fame but apparently they are already a popular group growing out of the windy city (which I learned isn't called the windy city because of the actual wind). But, even when your big timing you still need a little push. Longevity is the name of the game and not a lot of artist in this fast pace industry even make it to the next checkpoint.

KTD has a unique lead singer who has this very old presence and I can not put my name on who he sounds like but I will save the comparisons and let him have his own lane. Where were the disney recruiters on this one? This group could definitely be rocking the big screen of disney and turning the playhouse into a House of Rhythm and Blues. The young guy rapping mentioned as well that he was sixteen so hopefully, we can see where their careers have progressed by the time they hit the legal drinking age!

Well, I could continue my brief soliloquy, but I will wrap it up and bring to you today "Kids These Days" or how I would like to see them; the cool little brothers and sisters I have always wanted! Hope you guys enjoy! I posted the recent video above and then below is their very first single.



Check out their Facebook page and learn more about the group as well.

click here: KTD

No comments:

Post a Comment