Oct 17, 2011

Poetry: Rubric


Photographed by Rachel Christie

What hurts is that I know I'm the best man for you.
But yet your rubric is so tight that I know I don't have a shot
While you look for this tall handsome well muscular man
I wanna say first
Don't let me come out this shirt on yo ass
To show you how intense my heart beats when your near me
I travel this lonely dark road and the only person that's lights this shit up is you.
I'm shooting for ya heart baby.
Not yo ass
Not ya chest cause u ain't got it
But yo got damn heart
And baby don't get it twisted cause I never and I repeat never curse at u or towards u
But these feelings
These feelings
Are as genuine as this shit will ever get.
I know you have had the lames
I know you have heard all the lines
I know you wanna leave me
But my heart refuses to let you go.
And did I tell you that all I wanna do is make you happy
So I throw humor into every moment because seeing you smile reminds me of why I wanna continue to see you smile.
Nah I don't love you
Nah I'm not crazy
I'm just a man who understands what he feels and as a woman you deserve to know that if I had the ability to do anything for you it would be to make you feel like a queen
And I know I may not be the package your looking for
But please don't return to sender
This was no mistake by any means
I know I have amazing things to offer but I just need to open your heart and not your eyes.
Open your heart and give me a chance to be that blessing you deserve.
Or at least just take a peak at what u may have and if u don't like
then by all means you can return it as you deem fit.
But don't worry about all these words stated and my feelings being poured on the table
I will just take my loss and realize that I will never be good enough to fit in your rubric.
The End

No comments:

Post a Comment