Oct 20, 2010

Shay J X MFP Huey vs. Riley EP



The long awaited follow-up since Lost in a vast abyss of hip hop the kid Shay J comes back even more soulful than ever and brings a extra emcee along for the hip hop lyrical journey. Check out the interview that happened earlier this week.

ATG: So Shay J, If I may call you that, how did you come up with this one?

Shay J: Soo…a good friend and fellow emcee I hang around by the name of MFP had originally planned to do an E.P. but…it didn’t end up just being an E.P.

ATG: What do you mean it didn't "just end up being an E.P?"

Shay J: In about a week in a half later, we had more than enough tracks for an E.P. and are still planning more to complete. Kinda crazy how much gets done when the chemistry between a few artists is serious. (pause)

[ATG and Shay J Laughs]

ATG: Yea, Pause, so what is the title going to be of the new project?

Shay J: Anyway, this current project is titled “The Huey Vs. Riley E.P.” may be subject to change as ideas develop, but we like it.

ATG: So where did the inspiration come from and the whole boondocks aspect?

Shay J: [Well] as big fans of the Boondocks, we have a couple of Ideas and surprises that may come together for the project.

ATG: Come on man, I need more than that brother. You cant just tell me and the readers about surprises and not tell us what they are.

Shay J: I don’t wanna tell you too much, but, I just hope you don’t have an expectation of my sound, because from this point on, you will see many different sides from me as an artist.

ATG: Alright cool cool, I respect it. Well we are about to close up the interview so any shout outs.

Shay J: I would like to thank everyone who has been listening since my beginning and thanks to the fans for all your support, and your patience. You know who you are.

ATG: Word. Well how can they reach you good brother? I know you got a few new singles out and such.

Shay J: Shayj.bandcamp.com is where the people can go and I got two new tracks wit my man MFP called "dreamer" and "The Hype"

ATG: Well, there you have it people check out the new music from the kid himself! We OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment