Jan 11, 2011

How a beat can change Everything...




Welcome back young world! Its a new year and its my first new post of the year. I was really waiting on a moment to come back and I think this "HAM" track by Jigga and Kanye is very appropriate. Besides the fact that the blog WILL be going "HAM" this year is not the point...but...it is about to be one big "HAMMISH" year in general.

Moving on...
So. As I listened to this track (Kanye and Jay's HAM) without my usual subwoofers beating down my bedroom the track was very anticipated and I was immediately excited as the operatic (if thats a word) part of this song picked up and immediately, I quoted that the song was "EPIC." Now, mind you I was not talking about the lyrics but it was really more so the beat that was epic...THATS IT! (as so eloquently put by my boy @HumblyD

But its funny because I instantly gave the song more praise than it actually deserved. I think the song had hi's and lo's and me having so much respect for Ye' and Jigga that I just got lost for a second in the thought that "How could this NOT be a tight song?" And the thing is I am not a super main stream guy ya know...I actually rather content over dope beats...but when its Yeezy I just get lost in the production and forget the wordplay in SOME cases. But then it makes me think of all the many reasons people listen to music and how we can all have a different interpretation after you hear a song.

Like this wayne 6'7 that people are just ranting and raving about. I mean its a good song not my personal wayne favorite. But, its nothing short of what Wayne does so its not that surprising to me anymore. The beat is okay (had that milli feel) but it could get annoying to certain individuals (at least this is what I imagine). But none the less people love it and cant stop quoting.

On a contradictory note: I actually feel that people are paying attention to lyrics these days because a lot of rappers who usually get big boy notoriety really did not get that much love this year (i.e Soulja Boy record sales). I guess with Kanye dropping music so frequently and knocking out the middle man you got to see and hear a lyricist at work. Plus, his beats will always take the song to a new level. "All of the Lights" may be the most epic song I have heard since R. Kelz "I believe I can fly" (now you know this song was real...)

But yea...a beat will really having you either giving an artist too much love or making you change the song real quick. "They dont listen to music they just skim through it" as Jigga would say. Just think about the beat/the song/the production/the everything when you listen to a song and see what your reason is for liking it. On that note...Expect a little more than the USUAL this year with the blog...its truly gonna be a HAMTASTIC YEAR!

HEY...DROP YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS H.A.M TRACK!!

download: Kanye West & Jay-Z - H.A.M

Oh yea, If you didnt know Jay and Ye (that rhymed) are coming out with a album together called "Watch the Throne." If Ye does not get into any legal troubles or issues with the law it will be a success unlike the incident with Jiggas last partner in crime R Kelly. Which that album was pretty good...just Kellz was pissin on these O's ouchea! haha! Aight yall! Im out!

No comments:

Post a Comment