Sep 20, 2011

Nikki Lane - Gone, Gone, Gone



While reading the American Songwriter this morning I ran into this young lady: Nikki Lane. Her article started off "I failed chorus in the tenth grade. I gotta look up that lady's name and thank her in the record."

Well thats a pretty dope way to start off the conversation of a rising star. It makes you think about who is really determining talent out there ya know?

I am a lover of music and I can say I don't dabble in the sounds of country to much but this was a good feel. I felt like I was in a Tavern and I just had a tall pitcher of beer handed to me, I tipped the bartender a few shillings, adjusted my spurs and got back on the hi-road. I could go on with my "midnight cowboy" tales but I would rather not so with that said grab your washboard jeans, straw hat, plaid shirt and some boots, go sit outside on the porch connect to your wi-fi and tune in to the southern stylistics of Nikki Lane.

Make sure you take a look at her Facebook page as she talks about her journey to Nashville and back and forth to L.A. with a few dollars and a dream!



Facebook: Nikki Lane
Twitter: @NikkiLane77

No comments:

Post a Comment